No better combo than chocolate, peanut butter and weed! Check out the below recipe for chocolate peanut butter tarts. Have you tried a recipe like this before? Have any you’d like to share? Let us know about it in the comments.
These tarts are rich, creamy and a peanut butter lover’s dream. Making this recipe in smaller tart pans makes it easier to keep from over-indulging, but you can also make it as 1 large 9-inch pie that can later be cut into 12 small individual servings.
It will take slightly more than 1/2 of a 9-ounce box of Nestle’s Famous Chocolate Wafer cookies to make the crumbs for the crust of these tarts.
I use decarboxylated kief or hash to medicate this recipe.
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (60% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Recipes: Chocolate Peanut Butter Tarts
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Cuisine: American, Vegetarian
Author: Cheri Sicard
1 1/4 cups chocolate crumbs
4 tablespoons butter melted
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 gram decarboxykated kief or finely ground dry hash
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons corn syrup preferably dark
4 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Stir the chocolate cookie crumbs and melted butter together with a fork until combined.
3. Place about 1/3 cup crumb mixture in each of 6 (5-inch diameter) tart shells with removable bottoms.
4. Press crumbs against the sides and bottom of tart pans in an even layer.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before filling.
1. Place cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
2. Sprinkle decarboxylated kief or finely ground dry hash over mixture and beat until well incorporated.
3. Transfer to another bowl if using a stand mixer, and place 3/4 cup heavy cream in mixer bowl (no need to wash bowl in between). If using a hand mixer, place cream in a medium bowl.
4. Beat cream on medium speed until frothy and slightly thickened. Beat in brown sugar and vanilla. Increase speed to high and beat until cream forms soft peaks.
5. Stir 1/3 whipped cream into peanut butter mixture to lighten it.
6. Fold in remaining whipped cream just until incorporated into peanut butter mixture. Divide among the tart crusts.
7. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the filling and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before adding topping.
1. Add 2/3 cup heavy cream, corn syrup and chocolate to a small saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring, until chocolate has melted. Stir rapidly until mixture is smooth.
2. Pour chocolate mixture over the chilled tarts. Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Decarboxylation & Dosing Kief and Hash
* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 225 degrees F for 25 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.