Check out the below recipe for making some pretty kick-ass cheesy stoner nachos for your next football or baseball game. Have you had weed-infused snacks like these nachos before? Have any good recipes to share? Let us know about it in the comments.
Back in the day, we made nachos with shredded cheese.
It got the job done, but once we started using this cheddar cheese sauce, we’ve never looked back!
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
READY IN: 30 MINS
3 cups tortilla chips
3 green onions (white and green parts), chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
8 teaspoons cannabutter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup (whole or 2 percent) milk
1 cup heavy cream
2 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Put the chips on a baking sheet and bake until light golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the chips to a serving platter.
4. Top with the green onions and tomato.
5. Pour the cheese sauce over chips and serve immediately.
CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE-
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and cannabutter over low heat.
Whisk in the our, salt, and white pepper and cook for several minutes, stirring, to remove the raw our taste.
2. Slowly pour in the milk and cream, stirring constantly; this ensures a smooth and creamy consistency. Once the milk and cream have been added, add the cream cheese in three or four pieces, whisking between each addition.
3. Continue to cook the sauce over medium-low heat until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar a 1⁄2 cup at a time, whisking between each addition, 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the nutmeg, and serve immediately.